Wednesday, February 15, 2017

That time "The Walking Dead" made me have a baby

Valentine's Day. Most people associate it with love or flowers or those stupid candy hearts that ought to be used as torture devices instead of gifts. As for me, I generally associate the Hallmark holiday with working and making epic amounts of tips. It's a good day to be a server. Last year was no different, with two exceptions: (1) the mid-season premiere of "The Walking Dead" happened to occur on February 14th, and (2) I was thirty-four weeks pregnant with my second future minion. These two factors meant that I had to be home and done with everything by 9:00 p.m., and that I anticipated making even more tips cause its common courtesy to tip the pregnant girl well on holidays.

Everything went as planned. Work, homework, shower. Then the producers of "The Walking Dead" decided to put together one of the best episodes I have yet to witness on that show. The opening scene was particularly satisfying, so after my brother and I finished watching the entire episode, we went back and watched some of our favorite scenes. This one:
 Image result for daryl rpg season 6

And then my water broke. 

Seriously. I suppose that Violet thought that scene was as satisfying as I did. Long story short, I was rushed to the hospital, had to have an emergency C-section, and Violet was born at about 4:20  a.m.

And here we are, one year later. 

Image may contain: 1 person
Violet at about 1 month

Image may contain: one or more people, people sitting and people eating
Violet's 1st birthday 

2 comments:

  1. Of course it would be one of Daryl's scenes lol I am so behind on Walking Dead. I may have to try to marathon it during Spring Break. But Happy Birthday to Violet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it is safe to say that you will always remember both Valentine's Day and the Walking Dead for a reason other than what most people do! Happy 1st birthday Violet, and happy Valentine's Day to you (I hope you didn't have to work it again!).

    ReplyDelete