Thursday, January 19, 2017

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

http://knightwriting.wordpress.comImage may contain: 1 person Hi. I’m Rachel and I like to use fictional quotes for everything. I am relatively new to this whole blogging ordeal, especially blogging with a purpose aside from scrolling aimlessly and finding other people in the same fandom as you. But alas, here I am, blogging for academic purposes.

Academically speaking, I’m a senior at UCF, majoring in Secondary English Education. Ironically, I aspire to teach primarily middle school after I graduate. I say ironically because, let’s face it, nobody really enjoys middle school.

Professionally speaking, I am currently a server at Dixie Crossroads, which is a seafood restaurant in my hometown, Titusville, Fl. It’s certainly not the most glamorous job, but I am grateful for the friends I have made in my six years working there. I actually have coworkers at Dixie that are teachers in Brevard County and we often joke about some of the similarities between serving and teaching (not least of which is that clearly we don’t get paid enough, but that’s beside the point).  Some of my favorites: Few bathroom breaks, always doing at least three things at any given time, answering the same questions over and over again, and having to maintain composure when all you really want to do is punch a customer (or student) in the throat.

Personally speaking, I am the parent to two demons….I mean, uh, babies. They are Lily, named for a character in my favorite book series, a character who was a member of a secret organization that sought to overthrow a tyrannical overlord, who died to protect the boy who lived; and Violet, named for a powerful girl who helped save her family from a scorned villain from her father’s past and saved the world from the loss of super humans through their success. My partner and I also live with my brother and we have two dogs who have reluctantly become my babies’ best friends.

Image may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 2 people, people sitting, child and babyImage may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing


I never have free time, but when I do, I prefer to spend it immersed in some form of fiction. I could spend hours going into all of my favorite works from various media, but I’ll try to avoid that. Not Tumblr, not Tumblr, not Tumblr. So anyway, I shall leave you all with a few quotes from some of my favorite things.



""If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."." – Sirius Black, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

“You honor the dead by going on. Even when you're scared. You live because they don't get to.” – Glenn Rhee, The Walking Dead

“You know what I've noticed? Nobody panics when things go "according to plan." Even if the plan is horrifying! If, tomorrow, I tell the press that, like, a gang banger will get shot, or a truckload of soldiers will be blown up, nobody panics, because it's all "part of the plan". But when I say that one little old mayor will die, well then everyone loses their minds! Introduce a little anarchy. Upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos. I'm an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!” – The Joker, The Dark Knight

"Family don't end in blood, boy!" - Bobby Singer, Supernatural

“Me? I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you want to watch out for because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly stupid.” – Captain Jack Sparrow, Pirates of the Caribbean the Curse of the Black Pearl


Image result for dont open dead insideImage result for hogwarts crest
Image result for pirates of the caribbean skullImage result for bat symbol why so serious



2 comments:

  1. So many great quotes! I love your blog name and how you interspersed images in your post. Serving and teaching are tough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great introduction! Your comparison to serving and teaching had me laughing quite a bit. I worked with attorneys at multiple State Attorney locations in Central Florida and I was constantly thinking that working with children will probably be easier, less thankless, and provide more maturity than almost all of the attorneys I have had to deal with.

    I love the HP touches (huge HP fan) but I have no idea who "Violet" is. Care to share? I'm always looking for new books and series to get into.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete